Your privacy is important to us. When running Hawthorne For Men, we follow a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personally identifiable information (defined below) unless we truly need it. That being said, what we do ask for is solely to enable us to build an amazing customized experience and to communicate with you.
- We don’t share your information with third parties except to deliver you our products, comply with the law, make Hawthorne For Men better, protect our rights, or effectuate a business transfer.
- We’re not a huge, faceless corporation. We’re just normal people trying to deliver an incredible experience. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please reach out to us email@example.com.
How You Accept this Policy
What Information does Hawthorne For Men Collect?
We may collect a variety of Personal Information, including:
- Information from Third Party Services (defined below) that you explicitly give us access to;
- Your contact information, such as your phone number, social media handle, or email (depending on how you contact us);
- Your credit card information (although we use a third party payment processor, as described below), billing address, and shipping address, if you make purchases through our Site;
- Questionnaire responses to the extent you include Personal Information.
We may also collect a variety of Non-Personal Information, including:
- Questionnaire responses that include: (i) information you choose to provide about your body chemistry, such as dietary information, alcoholic beverage preference, self-estimated body temperature, smoking habits, and self-estimated skin oil level; (ii) information you choose to provide about your lifestyle, such as place and dress of work, how you spend your Saturday nights, and fashion sense; and (iii) information you choose to provide about your background, such as age, personality, fragrance knowledge, and other colognes you like;
- Various analytics data including: (i) the IP address of the computer you use to access our Services; (ii) the type of browser software you are using; (iii) the operating system you are using; (iv) the date and time you access or use our Services; (v) the website address, if any, that linked you to our Site; (vi) the website address, if any, you leave our website and travel to; and (vii) other non-personally identifiable traffic data.
How We Collect Information
When You Provide Us With Information to Make a Purchase.
If you make a purchase, we may request certain Personal Information or Personal Information of a family member, friend, or other individual who you are purchasing cologne for (a “Recipient”) in order to complete your purchase. This may include contact information such as your name, email address, and shipping address. If you provide us with Personal Information of a Recipient, you must be authorized to do so. If the Recipient has not given consent to provide us with Personal Information of the Recipient, please don’t make a purchase.
We, or companies that provide services on our behalf, may also collect certain financial information from you, such as your payment method (this may include valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). By making a purchase through Hawthorne For Men, you give us consent to use and provide your financial information as we consider necessary to process the transaction.
Information We Automatically Collect
Like most websites, Hawthorne For Men may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, and “cookies.” Pixel tags or web beacons are tracking devices on websites or in emails that can monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the e-mail. Cookies (not to be confused with the sugary treat) are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website.
In order to improve and grow Hawthorne For Men, we also use analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to automatically collect information about user and visitor usage (collectively “Analytics Tools”). These Analytics Tools collect data such as how often you visit Hawthorne For Men, what areas of the Site you visit, and what other sites or services you used prior to using Hawthorne For Men.
Analytics Tools generally operate differently. For example, Google Analytics only collects the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit Hawthorne For Men, not your name or other identifying information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your computer to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. As of right now, we only use the information we get from Analytics Tools to improve the Service and do not combine the information collected through the use of Analytics Tools with personally identifiable information. However, we reserve the right to do so in the future.
Communications You Initiate with Us
We do everything possible to make sure you have an amazing shopping experience. If you contact us in person, by phone, email, instant message, live chat, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through a Third Party Service), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference (to help improve our service!).
How We Use the Information We Gather
We primarily use the information we collect and store to enhance Hawthorne For Men. Except if we sell all or a portion of our business, or as otherwise described below, we do not rent, trade, or sell your Personal Information.
Use to Provide Services to You
We use Personal Information to create an awesome experience. Some ways we may internally use your information include to:
- Facilitate the sale and delivery of your purchases;
- Contact you when necessary;
- Respond to your comments or questions;
- Provide you with additional information according to your preferences;
- Customize and personalize your Hawthorne For Men experience, including our algorithm which helps decide which fragrance may be ideal for you;
- Generate aggregated statistics to help us improve the customer experience and develop new fragrances;
- Make Hawthorne For Men easier and more convenient for you (such as by prepopulating forms when you have already provided identical information);
- Provide recommendations to you;
- Send you information and marketing materials about services and products available on our Site;
- Train our team members; or
- Other internal business purposes.
Aggregated Personal Data and Non-Personal Information
We may share or disclose aggregated Personal Data or Non-Personal Information with service providers, or with other persons we conduct business with. These service providers and other persons may also share with us aggregated Non-Personal Information that they have independently developed or acquired. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information from the pixel tags, web beacons, and cookies with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Services. When doing so, we do our best to ensure that the any aggregated information cannot be linked back to you.
Agents or Third-Party Partners
We may provide your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers, and designees (“Agents”) to enable them to perform certain services for us exclusively, including:
- Order fulfillment;
- Payment processing;
- Website-related services such as web hosting;
- Improvement of website-related services and features;
- Maintenance services;
- Development of new fragrances; or
- Distribution of advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf.
Protection of Us and Others
What Personal Information can I access or change?
Right now, if you use Hawthorne For Men, it’s not possible for you to revise or delete any of the personally identifiable information that you may have provided to us. However, if you would like something removed or revised please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll work with you to take care of what you need.
If you decide you don’t want to receive email or other mail from us, you can select the “opt out” provision in our communications to unsubscribe. Unsubscribing will stop you from receiving most types of communication, but it may not apply to emails about orders or transactions you place through the Services or to respond to your specific request.
If you delete your account or request that your information be deleted, we still may retain some Personal Information that you have provided to us in order to maintain Hawthorne For Men or to comply with relevant laws.
We are committed to making sure your information is protected and have selected third-party vendors that help keep your Personal Information safe (like Shopify and Mailchimp). Unfortunately, we do not control these third parties and therefore cannot guarantee complete security. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.
Online Tracking And How We Respond To Do Not Track Signals
Online tracking is the collection of data about an individual’s Internet activity used to deliver targeted advertisements and for other purposes. Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If an online service elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the service may refrain from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many website operators, including Hawthorne For Men, do not take action to respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
Your Rights as a California Resident
If you are a California resident, in addition to awesome weather, you also get the ability to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and the contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties (under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84). If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to email@example.com We won’t even ask you for a bottle of Napa Valley chardonnay in return (but if you send one, our staff will happily accept).
International Users and Visitors
We’d be happy to answer them. Shoot us an email or send us a note:
Hawthorne For Men LLC
215 Thompson St. #5
New York, NY 10012
Effective Date: October 6, 2016.